Fundamental Omega 3
High Potency Omega 3 - Wild Caught Fish Oil Supplement
Recommended by Doctors
Fundamental Omega 3 is a high potency, wild caught, molecularly distilled fish oil.
We do not produce omega-3 fatty acids in our body; we need to obtain them from foods. If you are not getting enough from your diet from eating cold water fish or grass-fed-beef, a high potency Omega 3 Fish Oil supplement, such as Fundamental Omega 3, might be important for you to take.
Benefits of Omega-3 Fish Oil
When it comes to
Omega-3 fish oil, the benefit that's often discussed is what it does for the heart. There have been studies revealing that a Mediterranean-type diet (plenty of fish) can reduce your chances of a heart attack.
According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, the Omega-3 found in fish oil can also be beneficial for:
- Reducing high cholesterol *- a diet rich in fish and fish oil contributes to higher HDL (good cholesterol) and lower fats in the blood (triglycerides).
- Arthritis *- a sufficient amount of fish oil may help minimize the painful symptoms of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis (inflamed joints).
- Lupus *- a few smaller-scaled studies also showed that fish oil may decrease lupus symptoms, which include chronic fatigue and joint pain.
- Osteoporosis * - fish oil has been associated with better calcium levels. When we have sufficient calcium, we are less prone to develop osteoporosis. Note that doctors recommend women in middle age or young women with fragile bones to take bone density tests. If the tests show likely development of osteoporosis, calcium supplements are prescribed. But fish oil supplements can also help compensate for a lack of calcium.
- Depression * - fish oil may also minimize the symptoms of depression although more tests are needed. Several studies have shown that patients who take fish oil supplements with their depression medication experienced improvement. Note, however, that other studies were not able to establish a link between depression and fish oil.
Almost 99% of fish contain omega-3, but higher concentrations are found in mackerel, salmon, tuna, and herring. The American Heart Association's recommendation is to consume fish at least twice a week.
Why Molecularly Distilled Fish Oil Supplement?
The reason it's important to consume only a wild caught, molecularly distilled fish oil supplement is simple. Sadly, most fish contains mercury. Since mercury is toxic, the last thing you want to do is to consume mercury or other toxic metals that may be found in fish. With a
molecularly distilled fish oil supplement, the impurities are removed in a high pressure low temperature process.
Fundamental Omega 3 is ahigh potency omega 3 and wild caught Omega 3 supplement that is a burp-free fish oil. Fundamental Omega 3 is made in the USA.
Goldberg RJ, Katz J. A meta-analysis of the analgesic effects of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation for inflammatory joint pain. Pain. 2007 Feb 28
Berbert AA, Kondo CR, Almendra CL et al. Supplementation of fish oil and olive oil in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Nutrition. 2005;21:131-6 Fatty fish consumption and ischemic heart disease mortality in older adults: The cardiovascular heart study. Presented at the American Heart Association's 41st annual conference on cardiovascular disease epidemiology and prevention. AHA. 2001
Balk EM, Lichtenstein AH, Chung M et al. Effects of omega-3 fatty acids on serum markers of cardiovascular disease risk: A systematic review. Atherosclerosis. 2006 Nov;189(1):19-30.
(see all studies by clicking on link below)
*Source: Omega-3 fatty acids | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/omega3-fatty-acids#ixzz2slx6blv0
University of Maryland Medical Center